Monday, February 9, 2009

That Felt Kind of Crappy

Okay, so I never called Max back. And I know that sucks. Stringing someone along is always ten times worse than just being honest. So I just shot him an email. Yeah...I know, email was a wimpy way to go. But he and I had never had a phone conversation...why start now? I went with the traditional, "You are a really great guy, and I have enjoyed getting to know you; however, I just don't think that this is going to work out." Ouch? Hmm.

I didn't offer to be friends because although I could see myself being friends with Max, I know that isn't what he is looking for...it rarely works out anyhow (with someone you've only seen a few times, at least). And frankly, the friend offer can sometimes feel almost insulting...like a consolation prize -- "you can't date me, but by golly, you can be my friend." Gee, thanks.

I wonder why I just can't like a nice guy like Max? Oh well.

So that's done. And it actually felt kind of crappy.

I could really use some FUN male activity. Lately, I've been feeling like the Debbie-downer of the dating world. Come on boys -- help me out!! Sheesh.

1 comment:

Special K said...

I like your perspective here...I'd love to follow your blog...check out mine when you have the chance!