Saturday, January 31, 2009

Creepy Stalker Alert!

You're just too good to be true. Can't take my eyes off you. Pardon the way that I stare. There's nothing else to compare. ~ Frankie Valli

Last night, I met up with some friends at good old Clarendon Ballroom in Arlington, Virginia, to catch a great cover band. I don't make it out to Arlington all that much, but when I do, it tends to be a pretty good time...or at least an entertaining time. Last night did not disappoint.

After hitting up the bar (first things first, a girl must have her priorities), my friends and I wiggle our way through the crowd to a decent spot on the dance floor. The band is playing Blink 182 (All the Small Things), I'm dancing, singing along, having a good old time...when suddenly I feel a hand on the small of my back. The dance floor is pretty crowded, so I don't really think anything of it...but then the hand returns...only this time with a little more purpose...someone is seriously rubbing my back. So I turn around and there is this dude who is literally like two people away from me, reaching around to touch my back. Uh...ew.

So I step a little bit away from him, keep dancing...and then the hand is there again. This time the guy is closer -- he's standing right behind me. Great. He leans over and says, "do you mind if I dance with you?" Do I mind? Hmm. Uh, yeah. Weirdo. So I reply, "oh, thanks, but I'm just going to dance with my friends." Wouldn't you take that as a NO? Well, he doesn't and instead grabs my waist and starts grinding on me. Um...dude. I stop dancing, look at him, and say, "um...dude." He just keeps dancing. So I switch places with one of my (guy) friends.

Swapping places keeps the guy from making physical contact with me, but then he starts just STARING at me. I even try to hide behind my friends and he will seriously lean AROUND them to get me in his line of sight. My (guy) friend actually says to me, "that guy is really odd...it's kind of creepy how he keeps looking at you." Yeah, no shit. And it isn't just that he is staring at me, every time he looks over, he smiles, chuckles, and shakes his head a little. Weird. Creepy, indeed.

Eventually, my friends and I just moved. Throughout the night, I was "lucky" enough to endure the advances of five other drunk and unappealing boys, but old creepy-google-eyes stood out the most.

And such is the life of Anna...all freaks, no normal boys. Welcome to my world.