Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Where Do I Find These Guys?!

No mercy for what we're doing; No thought to even what we've done; We don't need to feel the sorrow; No remorse for the helpless one. ~ Metallica

So as mentioned, I am out there on a dating site that I check from time-to-time. These days, I can use the distraction from Ben (trying to NOT get sucked in to that one) and so I have been communicating with a seemingly nice guy through the dating site. I'll call this guy Bill.

Bill and I exchanged a few messages via the dating site and decided we'd meet for a drink. At this time, Bill offered up his personal email address for future interactions. The address included his full name and the name of where he works (e.g., BillSmith@workplace.com). So, I did what any smart girl would do in this day and age -- I Googled him.

Okay, so it turns out that Bill's name was frequently mentioned online. About six months ago, Bill and his WIFE were home with their SEVEN children when, unknown to their parents, the youngest two girls crawled upstairs, filled the tub with water, fell in, and drowned. How AWFUL.

Wife and remaining kids aside, let's just consider how difficult it would be to have to deal with the death of two kids. I'm thinking that getting on an online dating wouldn't be my first step towards recovery.

Yeah, Bill and I never had that drink. Even online, the GREAT ones find me. *sigh*

No comments: