Sunday, December 7, 2008

I Should NOT Have Called Him

Emotions come I don't know why. Cover up love's alibi. Call me on the line, call me call me any anytime. Call me oh my love. ~ Blondie

Called Ben this evening. I tend not to call guys after I've been out with them. Call me old-fashioned, but I feel like the guy should be doing the pursuing. I made an exception for Ben because a) I liked him (despite the fact that he just oozes trouble) and b) I'm going out of town for a few days and won't be easily accessible...I don't want him to try to call me and not be able to get in touch with me and think I'm not interested (okay...I'm starting to sound like an irrational fool already...not good).

In hindsight, I wish that I'd stuck to my original "let-him-call-me" philosophy, because the call did not go well. He answered his phone and informed me that he had just gotten home from his son's band recital. His son plays the drums and evidently had some fun hamming it up, giving the crowd devil horns. After giving me the quick (and I do mean *quick*) rundown of the recital, there was a brief (and kind of awkward) pause and he said, "okay, well I'm going to go and take a shower." Total brush-off. So I replied, "okay, well, it was great meeting you," and prepared to hang up. He quickly responded with "well, give me a call in a couple days so we can schedule date #2." WHAT?! I told him that I was heading out of town and he was like, "oh, well, give me a call anyway." Right...like I'm going to call some guy I just met while I'm on vacation. Okay.

And that was the extent of the conversation. Huh. Probably about five minutes. Totally awkward, but ending with an extension for "date #2." WTF? I can't decide if I will call him or not. My goal is to not think about it...but I inevitably will...because that is my problem. Guys who like me and are nice to me annoy the crap out of me. Guys who blow me off, I can't get enough of.

I know I should just walk away from this one. But will I? Hmm...

No comments: